Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sept. 12, 2008 - SFO

Friday, September 12, 2008

This is the day we leave for Milan. How exciting.

Just one thing, while I was having trouble scanning my passport at the airport check-in counter at SFO, Becky noticed that her passport was expired.

“What do you mean by expired?”, I asked.

“What is going to happen?”, she asks in denial.

I tell her, “We can’t go.”. She appears to be having a nervous breakdown. I stop messing with my passport and use my iPhone to look for help. I give Becky the number for the Passport Agency in SF. She gets an appointment for 9:00am, we need 2 passport photos and they will review her situation.

Before leaving the airport we take a chance and we re-booked a flight for the next day and hoped everything would work out. We were lucky that there was an available flight. The attendant allowed us to pay a minimal change fee because of our situation.

We took BART downtown, got passport photos at Walgreens, and then went to the Passport Agency. There was a crisis at work anyway, so I went to Starbucks to work and Becky waited for her passport interview. I fixed my crisis and Becky was able to get a new passport. It would be ready at 3:00pm.

We got the passport, had a nice dinner in the city and would try again the next day.

No comments: